Previous Posts

Search This Blog

Friday, July 4, 2014

My Athens!




Today I will take you with me for a walk in the old streets of Athens!

Athens....oh Athens!

The eye of Greece and mother of arts! Where do I begin? Most people just see a concrete city with black buildings and all kinds of weird people walking around. But if that's the case, then what is it about Athens that makes my heart beat fast when I'm there? The answer is easy! Just look around. Observe the authentic Greek people in the picturesque neighborhoods of Plaka and Psirri. Grab a "souvlaki"to go as you walk along the streets of Thission and enjoy the street musicians playing the accordion and bouzouki, and if you are lucky you may run into a "laterna" (variant of the barrel piano).

Sit at "Yiasemi" cafe in Plaka (I looooove it) for a cold lemonade and a homemade sweet and then walk in Monastiraki flea market in search of hidden treasures such as vintage jewels and bags.

Athens.....I love you <3


Oh, and don't forget the music!!!























Shorts: Tally Weijl
White Top:Zara
Grey long cardigan-cape: Custom made (contact me for info)
Havaianas


Till the next one...


No comments:

Post a Comment