Previous Posts

Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2015

The little vintage dress



“When I was young it seemed that life was wonderful, a miracle…oh it was beautiful, magical….but then they sent me away, teach me how to be sensible, logical, responsible, practical. Won’t you please please tell me what we’ve learned, I know it sounds absurd, please tell me who I am…?”

Every word of this song is true… life was so much nicer and easier when we were young. No labels, no worries, no “musts”. Wasn’t that innocence the best feeling ever? Even in the simplest things….the way we dressed. We didn’t dress to impress anyone. We just wanted to feel free and comfortable to play! My mom used to take care of that. For all 3 of us (me and my 2 sisters). So what if we would end up with blue dresses and yellow shoes? (Sorry mom but you have done that!) J . However, nowadays this would have been a fashion statement!

Awww how I miss those carefree days. When I saw this dress in a vintage shop in Paris-Marais, I remembered my childhood. White, with little flowers, airy, comfortable, innocent! It was the buy of the day. For 10 euro right from the basket of my newly acquired friend who owned the vintage shop and who was kind enough to let me go through the new arrivals that were still in the boxes so that I would be the first one to pick up whatever I wanted.  

Enjoy the post birdies!




















Dress: Vintage (Marais-Paris)
Purse: Handmade by Christina (contact for orders https://www.facebook.com/costantia.kalli )
Hair scarf: Promode Paris
Earrings: Handmade ( contact for orders https://www.facebook.com/cosijewels?ref=hl )



Till the next one...

No comments:

Post a Comment