Previous Posts

Search This Blog

Monday, August 21, 2017

The African hair tie




Hey beauties!

Looking back at most of my summer posts, I realized how much I like the African style hair ties. I surely wear them a lot!
In Africa they use the word “doek” , in Ghana and Zimbabwe they call it "duku", in Botswana “tukwi” and in Nigeria “gele” (thank you wikipedia!). Well, I just call it hair tie and believe me… it is super convenient for the beach when your hair is unruly or if you just want to look stylish at the beach (and not only at the beach. I wear them on summer nights with big earrings and loose dresses).
Personally I like the long ones that can be wrapped around your head many times and that you can tie big bows at the front.
For today’s post, I wore mine with my one-piece color block swimsuit in black and white.

 Ps. Summer is still here so get one too and start finding ways to wrap it! There are so many styles you can create!


























Swimsuit: ASOS
Hair tie: Italian flea market
Ankle ties: Parfois
Mule slippers: Mykonos local shop
Clutch bag: Paros local shop



Till the next one...

No comments:

Post a Comment