Previous Posts

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 10, 2017

2 ways to wear a shirt dress




Hey there dolls!

The shirt dress is not a first on this blog. It’s a piece that I like particularly so I grab any version I like at the time. This time I found a nice gray glen check pattern.
What’s nice about shirt dresses is that they can be worn on many different occasions and in many different ways. So today I’m going to show you two ways to wear it for a more interesting approach than its plain form.

First look:

In my first look I wore it on top of trousers in the same color and fabric (slightly different pattern). The length of the trousers creates a nicer result than full length ones. I added a leather belt to give it a bit more of a shape in the waist and I completed the look with heels and socks. The heel/sock trend is something you either love or hate. Personally I like but I have to tell you that my husband was second guessing my choice! Oh well….


Second look:

For the second look I matched it with a skirt worn above the shirt dress. The material of the shirt is very light so the skirt fitted well on top (you can’t do that with thicker fabrics). I chose a shorter skirt to create that contrast between the skirt and the dress.

I completed both looks with my favorite vintage trench coat and my new handmade clutch bag in the same colors.




 FIRST LOOK:





















SECOND LOOK:











Shirt dress: ZARA
Skirt: H&M
Trousers: KOOKAI
Shoes: H&M
Socks: Calzedonia
Clear glasses: Rayban
Sunglasses: Dior
Coat: Vintage



Till the next one...

No comments:

Post a Comment