Previous Posts

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Day 5: Salzburg oh Salzburg....

Finally! We’ve reached one of my favorite posts! I’ve wanted to post this on the very first day but I knew I had to keep the chronological order of my posts.  So now that I’m here, please excuse my childish enthusiasm! But I enjoyed every minute of my time there. Oh, by the way, did I mention that I’m talking about Salzburg? See? My enthusiasm is already taking over!!
So let’s start at the very beginning, a very good place to start!  My 5th post took place in Salzburg, the fourth largest city in Austria, North of the Alps (which by the way were snowy!) and of course the birthplace of Mozart. Did you know that Salzburg means “Salt Fortress”? (named after the barges carrying salt on the Salzach River). Neither did I!!

It was the first time on the trip that I wasn’t so cold. Even though you could clearly see the snow on the Alps, it was quite sunny and windless! The 2 days we always spend there are very relaxed. It’s a very slow-paced city and that makes you wanna walk around in the beautiful little shops and coffee shops or hike the mountain all the way up the castle! The first time I climbed up there and saw those green fields as far as the eye could see, I wanted to start singing “ The hills are alive with the sound of music, with songs they have sung for a thousand years” and pretend to be “Maria” from the Sound of Music. (the childish enthusiasm I was talking about…) .

I was so inspired that I have 2 posts coming up from Salzburg
The first day, I wanted to keep it more simple but still wanted to keep a hint of glamour-ness so I put on my shiny black stretch pants and on top I wore my all time classic beige trench coat. And of course, the last touch that completed my very personal style, my leather black cape (which is a detachable part of my absolutely favorite leather jacket (2 in 1)!

So sing with me and enjoy the first one….

The hills fill my heart,
With the sound of music,
My heart wants to sing
Every song it hears…”























Stretch Pants: Freddy
Trench Coat: Bershka
Leather cape: BEAYUKMUI Italy
Shades: Asos
Suede purse: Local shop in Amsterdam


Till the next one....

1 comment: